Do you think your teeth are essential? Do you know, neglecting your oral health care can lead to gum disease that can lead to tooth loss? Well, it’s true! That is why our periodontist, Dr. Shelby Nelson with Custom Periodontics in Fort Worth, Texas, is happy to offer you these tips and tricks to reversing gum disease and aiding your oral health.
The tips and tricks to reversing gum disease includes:
– Medications: Medications can produce gum disease due to dry mouth.
– Saliva: It is important to always produce enough saliva in your mouth, as it is a known gum disease fighter.
– Diet: If you have a poor diet, you will often have poor oral health as well.
– Brushing and Flossing: Brushing and flossing each day can drastically lower your risk for gum disease.
– Dentist: Lower your chances of developing gum disease by frequently visiting your dentist.
– Lifestyle Changes: Lifestyle choices including smoking can make gum disease more likely to develop.
– Cleaning: One of the best ways to lower your risk for gum disease is to always clean out your mouth after eating.
If you are ready to reverse your gum disease, then start by calling 817-738-2334 to set up an appointment with a friendly member of our staff. Our team is happy to assist you with your oral health concerns and able to answer any questions you may have about your oral health care.