All-on-4 Dental Implants
Are you missing multiple teeth or even an entire arch of teeth? Are you tired of hiding your smile and avoiding certain foods because of discomfort or embarrassment? Custom Periodontics & Implantology in Fort Worth, TX, offers a revolutionary tooth replacement option: All-on-4 dental implants.
What are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are a permanent solution for tooth loss that allows patients to replace an entire arch of teeth using just four dental implants. Unlike traditional dental implants, which require one implant for each artificial tooth, the All-on-4 technique utilizes just four strategically placed implants to support a full arch of prosthetic teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 dental implants are an excellent option for patients who are missing multiple teeth or even an entire arch of teeth due to severe gum disease/periodontal disease, or dental trauma. Candidates for dental implant surgery should have good oral health and sufficient bone density to support the implants.
Patients with poor-quality bone in the jaw or who have experienced bone loss due to missing teeth may still be good candidates for the All-on-4 treatment, but they may need a bone grafting procedure first.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants Over Traditional Implants
All-on-4 dental implants offer several benefits over traditional implants, making them an excellent option for many patients. Some of the benefits of All-on-4 implants include:
- Faster treatment time: With traditional implants, patients must undergo several procedures and wait several months for the implants to integrate with the jawbone before receiving their final prosthetic teeth. All-on-4 implants, on the other hand, can often be placed in a single day, and patients can leave the office with a fully functioning set of prosthetic teeth.
- Reduced discomfort: Because All-on-4 implants require fewer implants and procedures than traditional implants, patients experience less discomfort and a faster healing time.
- Lower cost: All-on-4 implants are often less expensive than traditional implants, as they require fewer implants and procedures.
- A beautiful, natural smile: These permanent restorations look and feel just like natural teeth, so you’ll feel confident while eating and smiling!
What Does the All-on-4 Dental Implant Procedure Entail?
The All-on-4 implant treatment typically involves four main steps:
- Initial consultation: During the initial consultation, our periodontist will evaluate your oral health, take x-rays, and discuss your tooth replacement options. If you are a good candidate for All-on-4 implants, your periodontist will create a customized treatment plan for you.
- Implant placement: On the day of surgery, your periodontist will administer local anesthesia to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure. They will then strategically place four dental implant posts into your jawbone. Once the implants are in place, your periodontist will attach a temporary prosthetic arch of teeth.
- Healing period: Over the next several months, the implants will fuse with the jawbone in a process called osseointegration. During this healing period, you will wear temporary prosthetic teeth and take special care to keep the implant sites clean.
- Final prosthetic attachment: Once the implants have fully integrated with the jawbone, you will return to our office for your new permanent teeth. Your periodontist will remove the temporary prosthetic teeth and attach your customized, permanent set of prosthetic teeth to the implants. You will leave our office with a brand-new smile!
FAQs About the All-on-4 Procedure
All-on-4 dental implants have a very high success rate, with studies showing success rates of over 98%. However, the success of the procedure largely depends on proper care and maintenance of the implants after the procedure.
With proper care and maintenance, All-on-4 dental implants can last for many years, even a lifetime. However, just like natural teeth, the lifespan of the implants can be affected by factors such as oral hygiene, diet, and lifestyle habits.
The All-on-4 procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia, which means that the patient should not feel any pain during the procedure. Some patients may experience some discomfort and swelling after the procedure, but this can usually be managed by sticking to a soft diet and using over-the-counter pain medication and ice packs.
Get Your All-on-4 Dental Implants at Custom Periodontics & Implantology in Fort Worth, TX
Custom Periodontics & Implantology is your trusted source for implant dentistry, including All-on-4 dental implants in Fort Worth, TX. Our experienced periodontist specializes in tooth replacement options and is dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy, functional, and beautiful smile. Contact our dental office to schedule your initial consultation today!
Schedule your Appointment
If you suffer from gum disease, or if you simply want to do more to maintain your oral health, contact Custom Periodontics and Implantology at Fort Worth, TX, today to schedule an appointment!