Oral Surgery in Fort Worth, TX
Custom Periodontics & Implantology provides comprehensive oral surgery services in Fort Worth, TX, to help our patients improve their overall oral health. Dr. Nelson specializes in a wide range of treatments, including wisdom teeth extraction, dental implants, frenectomy, sinus lift, and much more. We strive to ensure that each patient in Fort Worth has a comfortable, safe experience while in our care.
When is Oral Surgery Necessary?
Oral surgery is involves any surgical procedure performed in or around the mouth and jaw. It can involve anything from sinus lift procedures, wisdom tooth removal, bone grafting, to maxillofacial surgery. Our oral surgeon, Dr. Nelson, is a highly trained professional who specialize in these procedures and has extensive knowledge of the anatomy of the face, mouth, and jaw. Oral surgery is an important part of restorative dentistry and can improve the overall health and appearance of your mouth.
Conditions Requiring Oral Surgical Procedures
- If you have an impacted wisdom tooth.
- If you are in need of a dental implant to replace a missing tooth.
- If you have an abscess or infection in the mouth that needs to be surgically removed.
- If you have gum disease and need to have the damaged gum tissue removed
Our Oral Surgical Procedures in Fort Worth, TX
This procedure can be used to help provide a stable foundation for dental implants when there isn’t enough natural bone available. The additional bone helps support and secure the implant into place.
During a sinus lift, our oral surgeon in Fort Worth will make an incision in your gums and insert a small balloon into the empty space created by the missing bone. This balloon is then slowly filled with bone graft material, which helps to build up the area and create a sturdy base for the implant.
Tooth extractions are a common procedure performed by our oral surgeon and involve removing one or more teeth from the mouth. This is usually done when the tooth has been damaged beyond repair or is causing crowding in the mouth. In some cases, an extraction may be necessary due to periodontal disease, infection, and other dental issues.
Wisdom Tooth Extractions
Wisdom teeth are the last set of molars to come in and often cause overcrowding in the mouth. In some cases, wisdom teeth may be impacted, meaning they are stuck under the gum and unable to erupt. Impacted wisdom teeth can cause pain and infection and should be removed as soon as possible.
Frenectomy (Frenulum Surgery)
A frenectomy is a procedure that removes the frenum, which is a small muscle that connects the upper lip to the gums. This procedure is often recommended by our oral surgeon to correct tongue-tie or lip-tie and is most common in infants and young children. A frenectomy helps to improve speech, eating, and breathing problems associated with these conditions.
How To Prepare For Your Oral Surgery at Custom Periodontics & Implantology
Here are some tips on how to prepare for mouth surgery:
- Make sure to follow all instructions given by Dr. Nelson prior to the procedure. This may include dietary restrictions or medications you should take before your surgery.
- Prior to your Fort Worth oral surgery, it is important to get plenty of rest and relaxation. This will help you to be in the best possible condition for your procedure.
- You will likely need someone to drive you home after your surgery, so make sure to plan ahead and arrange for a friend or family member to take you.
Post-Oral Surgery Recovery Tips for a Smooth Healing Process
It is important to follow all instructions given by Dr. Nelson after your procedure to ensure proper healing.
- Avoid strenuous activity and stick to light activities in the days following surgery. This will allow the blood clot to heal and reduce the risk of bleeding and infection.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout your healing process in order to stay hydrated.
- If you just had a tooth removed, don’t smoke or drink through a straw, as these activities can cause dry sockets.
- Apply an ice pack to the area that was operated on to help to reduce swelling and pain. Make sure to place the ice pack in a thin cloth before applying it directly against your skin.
Contact Us Today!
At Custom Periodontics and Implantology, we will help you through every step of your treatment. We are dedicated to providing the best quality care for all of our Fort Worth patients and will make sure you get the best results from your surgery. Contact us today to learn more about the oral surgery services we offer in Fort Worth, TX.
Schedule your Appointment
If you suffer from gum disease, or if you simply want to do more to maintain your oral health, contact Custom Periodontics and Implantology at Fort Worth, TX, today to schedule an appointment!